Did your child have a sleep regression at four months?
How long did it last?
- Yes: 4
- No:
- 3 Months: 1
- 1 Month: 2
- Less than one month: 1
- Nursing to sleep: 1
- Cry it out: 2
- Dropping the swaddle: 2
- Keep feeding times consistent: 1
- Play for a bit and then put back to sleep: 1
Natalie said: "I tried not to dwell on it. With my first I didn't realize there WAS a regression until she was already about 6 months. My second, I kind of expected it but then tried to troubleshoot since I hadn't done that with my first. I always remind myself it's just a short time and it will pass. "
Lisa said: "Pray!!!! ...and have good support from my husband. Ignore other people's well meaning advice to a certain extent (it could be teething, try rocking her, just let her cry etc.)"
PESTAG said: "Went outside so I didn't have to hear the crying. Brought the video monitor but turned off the sound. Did outside chores, planted flowers. Something that I couldn't end quickly and would take concentration yet was relaxing."
Is there anything you would do differently in retrospect?
- Do Cry It Out Sooner: 1
- Drop the swaddle sooner: 1
- Do not start new sleep props: 1
Natalie said: "don't be afraid to try new things or troubleshoot their sleep environment. 4 months is a big changing time so it could definitely help to drop the swaddle or make some other kind of adjustment. It's worth a shot - and if it doesn't work, just find a way to get through."
Lisa said: "It's only a season. Try not to worry too much about getting baby to sleep and spending all day doing this. Try and keep as consistent as possible. Dont plan any big trips etc. , wade it out and enjoy your baby while they're little."
PESTAG said: "Begin as you mean to go. Enjoy the cuddles but realize that you'll get lots of love and cuddles when they wake up happy and refreshed after a good nap or a good night's sleep."


No comments
Post a Comment